Working within the manufacturing team, carrying production Manual build and inspecting when required on any product, plus providing other support to the department as required.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Mechanical build and Inspection of Carbon Fibre Tripod
- Carry out in-process testing and suggest improvements (during manufacture)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Flexible attitude to helping in all areas when required
- Able to read drawings
- Good understanding of assembly environment
- Willing to do additional hours when required at short notice
- Must be well organised with documentation and reporting if required
- Trouble shooting skills
- Someone who is adaptable and quick to learn new processes
- Background in working with mechanical devices
- Quality focused
- Experience of working with mechanical parts
- Self-motivated with drive and enthusiasm to get things done
- Formal training in mechanical products
Education and Qualifications:
- GCSE English and Maths – Grade C or above.
Health and Safety Requirements:
All employees are expected to:
- Take care for their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Carry out assigned tasks and duties in a safe manner, in accordance with instructions, and to comply with safety rules/procedures, regulations and codes of practice.
- If aware of any unsafe practice or condition, or if in any doubt about the safety of any situation, consult their supervisor.
- Obtain and use the correct tools/equipment for the work and not to use any that are unsafe or damaged. All tools, equipment and personal protective equipment must be stored in the approved place after use.
- Ensure that all guards are securely fixed and that all safety equipment and personal protective clothing/equipment provided are used.
- Not to operate any plant or equipment unless authorised.
- To report any accident, near-miss, dangerous occurrence or dangerous condition to their line management.
- To switch off and secure unattended plant or equipment.
- To avoid improvised arrangements and suggest safe ways of eliminating hazards.
- Not to participate in horseplay or place fellow employees in danger by their actions.
The Vitec Mindset
Vitec has a clear purpose that is supported by a common set of values. Our values drive our decisions, form our principles and unite us as an organisation. They are also what we want our employees and business customers to see and feel during their contact with Vitec.
Exceptional Product Performance
We set the highest standards of technical performance and support which reflect our obsession with quality and excellence in manufacturing.
We are nothing without our customers
Our focus is always on the customer; we support them no matter what changes and challenges they face.
Leading a fast changing market
We apply our creativity and harness our diversity to engineer innovative new products and solutions that do what image makers need them to do.
We share knowledge, pool resources, test ideas and learn from each other; working together to deliver a complete solution to customers.
Transparency, integrity, respect
We hold to the highest professional and corporate standards to optimise performance; for our customers, our suppliers and our people.